How to Assign a Partner to Your Facebook Ads Account: 2020 Guide with Pictures
Facebook Ads is a powerful tool that any business operating in 2020 should be utilizing. With powerful targeting features and the largest social media platform in the world, Facebook Ads provides a lot of opportunity and for your business. Unfortunately, the Facebook Ads platform can have a bit of a steep learning curve, so you may want to give someone with expertise access to your Facebook Ads account. Here’s our guide on how to add users to your Facebook Ads account!
- Log in to your Facebook Business Manager Account
- Go to your Business Settings
- Select the Ad Accounts tab, then select your Ad Account
- Assign a partner to your Ad Account
- Enter the Business ID you wish to share access to
- Start running ads!
1. Log In to Your Business Manager Account
Go to business.facebook.com to access your Facebook Business Manager account. This is a tool that keeps all of your important Facebook business assets all in one place, such as your Facebook Page, Facebook Ads account, Instagram account, Facebook Apps, and more. If you’re a business owner and haven’t set up a Business Manager account, we highly recommend it.
2. Select Business Settings
In the top right corner of your Business Manager page, you’ll see a blue button that says “Business Settings.” Click on that button to access your business settings.
3. Select the Ad Accounts Tab
On the left side of your Business Manager page, you should see a menu that lists all of the different kinds of assets that can be associated with your Business Manager account. Select the “Ad Accounts” tab. This will bring up a list of all the Ad Accounts associated with your Business Manager account. Select the Ad Account you’re wanting to share access to.
4. Assign a Partner to Your Ad Account
Now that you’ve selected the Ad Account you want to share, click on the “Assign Partners” button. This will open up a menu that allows you to either assign a partner with a Business ID or get a link to share. Select the option that says “Business ID.”
5. Input the Business ID
After you’ve selected “Business ID” the menu will go to the next page, allowing you to input the Business ID you want to grant access to. Once you have the Business ID typed in, you’ll need to give permissions. If you’re having an ad agency (like us) access your Ads Account, you’ll want to select the “Admin” option. If you’re adding someone for other reasons, the permissions are defined like this:
- Ad account admin: Admins can create, edit and view ads, access reports, edit payment methods and manage admin permissions.
- Ad account advertiser: Advertisers can see and edit ads and set up ads using the payment method associated with the ad account. They can also view the payment method.
- Ad account analyst: Analysts can view ads and access reports.
After you’ve selected the permissions, click “Next.”
6. Start Running Facebook Ads!
Finally, after you hit next, you will now see that you’ve successfully granted Ad Account access. Hit “Done” and you’re all set. Time to start running some Facebook Ads!
If you’re ready to run Facebook ads but don’t know where to start, we’re happy to help. We specialize in social media marketing, Facebook ads, and other types of paid ads.
Give us a call for a free consultation!