What is Social Media?
Social media is a term used to describe the various platforms that allow users to share content and interact with each other. There are many different types of social media, but they all have their own unique features and benefits.
The right social media platform for your business can depend on a lot of different factors. Where is your audience? What kind of content can you readily produce? How much can you engage with your audience? Every platform has its own benefits and limitations. Here are some of the most popular platforms we use at Rinard Media, and what each is best for:
- Instagram – This social media platform is great for businesses who want to show off their products or services in an aesthetically pleasing way. Instagram is also a great way to show off your brand in your local community.
- Facebook – If you’re looking for more community-based interaction, Facebook may be the platform to be on! Facebook Groups and Pages allow businesses (and individuals) to create a safe place where people can share ideas or ask questions about certain topics related to what they do best. Facebook is a great platform to be on to reach very specific target audiences!
- Tiktok- If you’re looking for a platform that is more focused on video content, Tiktok may be the right one for you. Unlike other sites that are only video-based, Tiktok allows users to also upload pictures! Tiktok can also be used for humor based content alongside basic “How-to” education videos, but just remember that the Tiktok algorithm likes to push out creative content!
- Pinterest- This platform is all about the aesthetics! Many users use this platform for ideas and inspiration for some of their own projects. Pinterest can help your brand be seen as an expert in your field by posting helpful tips and inspiring others with your posts.
Why You Need Social Media for Your Business
Social media is a great way to increase your brand awareness and make your business more personable to your followers. Depending on the type of content you post, it can help you generate sales leads through informative captions, increase website traffic, and help your brand be viewed as an expert in the industry! Social media will also allow you to engage with customers and brand followers, which can lead to increased interest in what you have to offer.
Our Approach to Social Media Management
We create content by going on personalized shoots for your brand. We edit and make pictures/content look good, then post using captions and hashtags that the algorithm will pick up. We always stay up to date on the latest trends, so that you can be ahead of the game when it comes to social media marketing!
After a while, we analyze the posts to see what performs well and what doesn’t, then make future content based off of that!
How to Create Engaging Social Content
- Tell stories. Stories are an effective way to engage your audience and create content that will be shared on social media. It can also help your brand feel more personable.
- Focus on visuals. Visuals are a great way to catch people’s attention. Fun-worded graphics or a cool picture on a person’s feed will always stand out more than just something a little plain.
- Ask questions. Questions are another way of getting users involved in the conversation around your brand. This can lead to increased engagement with the users who answer them (and maybe even some new customers).
- Use trending topics/hashtags. This will help bring your post reach up, and when more people see your posts, more people will interact with your brand leading to more customers!
How to Analyze Your Social Media Post Performance
Once you’ve set up your social media accounts, it’s important to analyze how well they’re performing. To do this, you should track likes and comments on each post as well as monitor its reach. You can also look at engagement rates, the percentage of followers who interact with your content, and follower growth over a specific period of time.
When analyzing the performance of a post, consider looking at clicks to websites or other links within the post (if applicable) and the overall engagement rate for each post type (such as photos versus videos). This will help you create more engaging content in the future!
Social media is an important tool for businesses of all sizes. It can help you reach new customers, build brand awareness and even drive sales. Plus, social media marketing is just straight up a fun time! Here at Rinard Media we believe social media is a strong tool in helping your business grow. Contact us to see if social media management is right for your business!